Sharaku is a Japanese travel agency specializing in service for people in need of nursing and medical care.
Our customer service record:
We have coordinated trips for a total of more than 6000 customers with special needs.
We can provide the following services:
- Arrangement of wheelchair-accessible taxicabs
- Assistance by escort staff who are skilled in caregiving and nursing
- Preparation of domestic travel plans and management of the travel packages
- Booking of domestic transportation (airplane, train, ship), lodging, various sightseeing tickets and dining arrangements
Our services are frequently used by:
- Clients who are bedridden
- Clients with travel anxiety caused by illnesses such as stroke
- Clients who use wheelchairs
- Clients who use incontinence underwear or diapers
- Clients after stoma surgery or who need to use ventilators
- Clients with dementia
- Clients living with terminal cancer, stroke, dementia, Parkinson’s disease, rheumatism, etc., clients after stoma surgery, clients in need of dialysis therapy, ventilators, etc.
Let us help you if you want to:
- Visit a Japanese hot spring
- See Mt. Fuji
- Stay at a Japanese inn
- Stay in an old traditional Japanese house
- Visit legendary places of Japanese anime creations
Want to go sightseeing?
Some popular destinations:
Himeji Castle (Himeji City, Hyogo Prefecture)
Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine（Kyoto City, Kyoto Prefecture)
Kinkakuji Temple (Kyoto City, Kyoto Prefecture)
Eikando Zenrinji Temple (Kyoto City, Kyoto Prefecture)
Otagi Nenbutsu-ji Temple（Kyoto City, Kyoto Prefecture)
Todaiji Temple (Nara City, Nara Prefecture)
Koyasan Okunoin Temple (Koya-cho, Wakayama Prefecture)
Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum（Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture)
Shukkeien Garden (Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture)
Kenrokuen Garden (Kanazawa City, Ishikawa Prefecture)
- Dolls Museum (Kanazawa City, Ishikawa Prefecture)
- Shinjuku Gyoen Garden (Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo)
- The Hakone Open-Air Museum (Hakone-cho, Kanagawa)
- Nikko Toshogu Shrine (Nikko City, Tochigi Prefecture)
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building Observatories (Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo)
Product Description and Details of Services
Travel preparations step by step:
Past clients who have enjoyed our services:
Parkinson’s disease patient, visit to Hiroshima Miyajima
Wheelchair user (patient with incurable disease), watching a Grand Sumo Tournament in the Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan Sumo Arena
Wheelchair user, visit to the Lake Biwa Valley
Stroke patient (partially paralyzed) , visit to the Adachi Museum of Art
Cerebral palsy patient, visit to the Osaka Maid Cafe
Wheelchair user, enjoyed the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route
How much does it cost?
Charges and fees vary depending on the service you wish to use.
Charges for chartering wheelchair-accessible taxicabs only
Wheelchair-accessible taxicabs are available for charter. The car model is the Toyota Alphard, and the charge is 6,220 yen per hour (tax included).
Charge for wheelchair-accessible taxicab
|Charter time||Charges in Yen||Other charges|
|1 hour||6,220 JPY||+Fees for using toll roads|
|1 day (12 hours)||74,640 JPY||+Fees for using toll roads|
|3 days (36 hours)||223,920 JPY||+Fees for using toll roads|
*In addition, we will charge for the driver’s meals and accommodation.
*5-6 passengers can board the taxicab if no wheelchair user is on board. If one wheelchair user is on board, 3 other passengers can board the taxicab.
Charges for hiring escort staff only
Nursing and caregiving staff with certifications recognized in Japan will accompany you. The charge is 4,400 yen per hour (tax included).
|Attendance time||Charges in Yen||Other charges in Yen|
|1 hour||4,400 JPY|
|1 day (12 hours)||52,800 JPY|
|2 days (24 hours)||105,600 JPY||+Lodging allowance 8,000 JPY|
|3 days (36 hours)||223,920 JPY||+Lodging allowance 16,000 JPY|
※ In addition, we will charge for the escort staff’s meals and accommodation.
Customized travel packages（chartered wheelchair-accessible taxicabs (1) + hiring attending escort staff (2) + fees for planning, hotel arrangements, etc.）
In addition to arranging wheelchair-accessible taxicabs and escort staff with nursing and caregiving skills, we will arrange everything for your stay in Japan such as planning travel and sightseeing activities and reservations for lodgings. In this case, we will charge a commission of approximately 35% of the total travel package expenses which comprises the cost of each service and the expenses for the client himself/herself.
Total charge for the travel package = Travel and transportation expenses + Charges for escort and helping staff x Commission (about 35% of the total travel package expenses)
*For more details, please contact us by Email and let us know the details of your requests. We will be happy to provide you with an estimate if you wish so.